The most important reason why a customer leaves because they feel like you don’t care about them.
A Wunderman study reveals that around 79% of consumers prefer to only do business with a brand that shows it actually cares about them.
But how can you show that you care about them? It’s simple, just provide great customer service!
Customer service is one of if not the most important aspects of your brand. Positive customer experience helps you develop a reputation, gets you one of my referrals, and most importantly it makes people want to come back for more.
73% of consumers say that friendly customer service made them fall in love with a brand.
How can we deliver first-class customer service? Here are some suggestions.
1.Know your customers and the market.
To create a personalized customer experience, you need to have more information about your clients and their market. And be helpful.
- Find out the customers’ real needs and what are the most suitable and best-selling products. So, it’s important to have an expensive knowledge of everything to do with your products and show your customers how the products can benefit them. Do your research on the product by asking the questions that customers are likely to ask.
- Providing customers with a survey report based on his market will make him a clear positioning.
- Knowing customers also includes collecting some personal data (location, age, preference, etc.). 88% of U.S. consumers say that their level of trust in a specific company determines if they agree to share personal information. If you know your customers as much as your friends, congratulations!
- Here in TOPO pneumatic, for new customers, we will suggest what items our old clients sell well or what are most popular in that market. For old customers, we will give suggestions based on our experience on how they can sell more, or we negotiate whether we change a certain color of air fittings, solenoid valves, or FRLs’ plastic parts or not in order to make the products unique in that market.
2.Response as fast as possible
One of the biggest factors in good customer service is speed. 66% of people believe that valuing time is the most important part of customer interaction. Even 86% are willing to pay more for better customer service.
Resolving curiosity and fixing problems quickly and efficiently is the courage stone of good customer service. Use auto-replies, if possible, give customers a quick confirmation that their questions or messages have been received, and promise you will reply again within a certain period, like within 24 hours. Make sure you will follow up with the customers before the deadline promised.
For example, when there is any problem with TOPO pneumatic products, we always respond to it within 1-5 hours. We show the problems to our technical team, then they analyze them and suggest the best solution to our clients.
Besides, don’t be afraid to WOW your customers as you seek to problem-solve for them, do furthermore above what they need.
3.Listen patiently, don’t interrupt customers
Listening is one of the simplest secrets of customer service.
When you use active listening, your customers feel heard and respected.
Active listening also means you are mindful of your customer’s unique personality and current emotional state so you can tailor your response to fit the situation.
Don’t assume that you know what your customer is going to say, just listen carefully and patiently, it is the most effective way to figure out the problem, also you may get useful suggestions from them.
It takes you to go long way too, Customers feel frustrated whenever they have to repeat themselves or believe that customer service lacks the knowledge about their issue. And that may make them turn towards to your competitor.
4.Treat your customers as real person and friend
People always like their questions answered correspondingly and immediately by a real person rather than a rigid unified answer by a chatbot. Everyone likes humane communication.
- Consider everything more from the perspective of the customer. Imagine that you are them, you have an urgent problem and are very anxious, are you willing to talk with someone without emotions and just offering rigid answers?
- Learn their name and use it in email, phone calls, or live chat, people always feel happy when they see or hear their own name. When you speak or write to them, be personable, casual, and most importantly be friendly like they are your old friends. Don’t treat customers like a number by using an overly formal tone, especially when they encounter some problems.
- Try to be more friendly to your clients. While connecting with customers, your attitude should be reflected in your language and voice tone. Pls smile when you are on the phone, people can hear it. Pls use emojis in email or live chat to convey facial expressions in a conversation, they can feel it.
- Say thank you to them. “Thank you” shows that you are polite and respect them, also value them.
TOPO pneumatic treats each client as a friend, no matter he is an old client or a new client. We get along like family. They always said thanks to us, but we only did one thing, that is treating them sincerely and solving their problems as they are our own problems. Because we always believe, there must be some fate that brought us together, we must cherish it.
5.Always deliver more than expected
Going the extra mile is one of the most important things you can do to deliver great customer service. Ensure that you are providing them with plenty of value in both the short-term and long term.
- Send a well-prepared gift or some surprise company swag on your clients’ birthday, just to thank them for their business. This will impress your clients.
- Follow up with customers at a later date to check everything is OK with the problems you fixed or check up on how their experience has been with your product and service. This can make them feel appreciated and special.
- Keep your words. When you break your word, like saying you’ll get back to a customer within 24 hours and you don’t, offer something to make up for it.
- Close conversation correctly although this problem has been resolved. At the end of every conversation, if you can say, “Is there anything else I can do for you today? I’m happy to help!” Clients will appreciate it so much.
A satisfied customer tells at least 3 friends (whereas an angry customer tells 3000!) So, follow these tips and deliver your first-class service to customers! Making them happy and loving you more are our ultimate goals.